If you want to download songs on Spotify then this article is for you. Long gone are the days when downloading song took hours, navigating via the traps of malware-infested pop-ups to in the end have song on your laptop or phone. Music followers no longer want to spend hours looking for a music and downloading it via questionable websites. Applications such as Spotify and Apple Music have made it easy, rapid and environment friendly when it comes to listening to song on a whim, even barring Wi-Fi or data.
According to Statista, Spotify’s customers have elevated tenfold from early 2015 to 2022 with 182 million Premium listeners global as of June 2022, displaying the track streaming app’s recognition — even for the paid version. The one characteristic that makes having a Spotify Premium really worth it is its down load option.
How to download songs on Spotify
Spotify is a music streaming service, which means that songs can be played only through the app or web player and cannot be downloaded directly as MP3 files. However, Spotify Premium subscribers can download songs and playlists for offline listening. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure you have a Spotify Premium subscription. The free version of Spotify does not allow downloading songs for offline listening.
- Create a playlist that you want to download or select an existing playlist.
- Enable the “Download” toggle switch at the top of the playlist page. This will download all songs in the playlist to your device.
- If you want to download individual songs instead of an entire playlist, you can do so by enabling the “Download” toggle switch next to each song.
- To access your downloaded songs, go to the “Your Library” tab and select “Playlists.” You should see a section labeled “Downloads” that contains all of your downloaded playlists and songs.
Keep in mind that downloaded songs can only be played within the Spotify app and cannot be transferred to other devices or used outside of the Spotify app. Additionally, downloaded songs will take up storage space on your device, so make sure you have enough space available before downloading large playlists.
Quick tips for downloading songs on Spotify
- Podcasts, audio shows and playlists can be downloaded in a similar manner as the albums.
- Downloads can be found in Your Library.
- Songs cannot be downloaded via the Spotify Web Player but can be done only on the mobile or desktop app.
- A green Download button or downward arrow shows it was a successful download.
Is it legal to download song from Spotify
It is not legal to download songs from Spotify unless you have a Spotify Premium subscription and have enabled the download feature within the Spotify app or web player. Even then, the downloaded songs are only intended for personal, offline listening within the Spotify app and cannot be shared or distributed in any way.
Downloading songs from Spotify using third-party software or other methods is considered illegal and violates Spotify’s terms of service. It is also illegal to distribute copyrighted material without permission from the copyright holder.
In general, it is important to respect copyright laws and to obtain permission from the copyright holder before downloading or distributing copyrighted material. This helps to protect the rights of the creators and owners of the material and ensures that they are fairly compensated for their work.